Hey, Trim readers!
With the summer winding down, we only have a few weeks left of warm weather to show off some skin. Drop the razor and save a trip to your waxing place.
Today, I have an easy 3-ingredient wax recipe that you can make at home. It’s much better than the at-home waxing kits you buy at Target or Wal-Mart because it doesn’t leave that sticky residue on your skin and you don’t run the risk of having an allergic reaction.
Let me tell you that I swore against waxing after (what seemed like) 100 attempts with my Sally Hansen wax-in-a-box. But this all-natural recipe has made me a believer again in the magic of the sticky stuff.
Thanks to the Bird and the Berry for this recipe!
2 cups Sugar (white, preferrably)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
1. Place and mix ingredients in a sauce pan on the stove over medium high heat
2. Boil the mixture until it has a honey, golden brown color (about 5 minutes after boiling). Make sure to not over boil or else your wax will be DONE-ZO.
3. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a (reheatable) container for storing. I used a shallow Rubbermaid container.
4. Let cool 1-2 hours before storing
5. Reheat wax in microwave for 30 seconds when you are ready to use!
To make waxing strips: cut up an old t-shirt into 1″ x 5″ strips. Apply strips to wax immediately after applying to skin. I waited about 10 seconds, bit my tongue, pulled the strip off, and repeated. Beauty is pain, right?
Don’t fear waxing at home! You get used to it and it can save you a ton of cash that you would otherwise be spending at the salon. I know I will be taking far less trips to the European Wax Center. Give this simple DIY a try and let me know how it goes for you guys! Enjoy the last few warm weeks of the summer, guys!