Happy Sunday Readers!
I apologize for the late post but if you weren’t busy watching Justin Timberlake bringing Sexy Back, and fangirling like me then you’re probably not human.
Anyway, on a more serious note, today I have a different kind of weekly wears for you. Whether it’s because of the time of year, or just a lot of people are in love, I have been witnessing and hearing about a lot of weddings. The restaurant I work at is located right next to a giant wedding venue, and of course the first thing I have been noticing are people’s outfits. There are definitely rules about what to wear to a wedding. I have put together 3 simples options for you to create the perfect wedding look.
1. Maxi Dress
While a maxi dress seems like a simple summer dress, it is also perfect for a wedding, when chosen carefully. When picking a maxi dress for a wedding you must be careful when it comes to prints. Don’t pick anything too floral or loud. You want to look stylish, while not stealing all of the attention from the bride.
When choosing a wedding maxi dress:
- DO go with a neutral color and no print
- DO pair them with a pair of heels to make the dress appear more sophisticated
- DO wear minimal jewelry, a maxi dress seems to be an accessory in itself.
2. The Cocktail Dress
A cocktail dress is the ideal dress for a wedding. When picking a cocktail dress however, pay attention to the length and make sure that it is appropriate enough not to draw too much attention to yourself, again this day is about the bride, not your outfit.
When choosing your cocktail dress:
- DO be modest in length
- DO make sure that enough of yourself is covered up on top
- DO go with a solid and sophisticated color
- DO add some accessories
3. The Skirt & Shirt Combo
For those of you who aren’t really comfortable wearing a dress, or if you’re running from day-to-night, try the skirt and shirt combination. There are plenty of these outfits that, when styled correctly, appear to be a cocktail dress. As long as the skirt isn’t a party skirt, and the shirt covers enough of you to be mature, then you’re all ready to head out to the big event.
When creating your Shirt & Skirt Combo:
- DO pick an appropriate-lengthed skirt
- DO accessorize as much as needed to dress up the look
- DO wear heels, sandals or gladiators are not wedding appropriate
Now that you have your outfit all ready to go here are a few more wedding tips to keep in mind.
- NEVER WEAR WHITE, I think this one is pretty self-explanatory, you are not the bride.
- Be careful when wearing black, choose lighter shades, or brighten the black with accessories.
- Be on time, or even early…There’s nothing worse than someone sneaking in in the middle of the ceremony.
- If you have a date, try and coordinate your outfits, this will be a day full of a lot of pictures.
Have fun and enjoy all the love felt at your next wedding event.